Oct 28th, 2013 - UBCD v5.2.7 Released
- UBCD v5.2.7 has been released. You will find more information and links to download here. You may also want to check out Version History.
Check out the Tutorials section. It will eventually contain hundreds of guides to do just about everything you could think of in terms of modifying UBCD to your liking. Please keep in mind, this is currently a work in progress and needs Your help to make it better.
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB flash drive. A simple, easy to use, script on the CD prepares your USB flash drive so that it can be used on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you would from the CD version, faster!
New features in UBCD v5.2.x include:
UBCD FreeDOS resides in a 16MB superfloppy image so to make it bootable in even more systems than before.
New features in UBCD v5.0 include:
- New! The Linux-based distro Parted Magic is now included with UBCD v5.0. This should be the method of choice when you need to resize/rescue partitions, access NTFS filesystems or work with USB storage devices.
- New! UBCD v5.0 now supports both syslinux/isolinux and grub4dos. This helps improve the chances that UBCD will boot on any particular machine.
When you boot up from the CD (or USB flash drive), a text-based menu will be displayed, and you will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory. In other words, nothing is installed, stored, or altered on the computer unless you chose it to be (by running a selected tool).
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download, or could be obtained for a small fee. If you had somehow paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, you have most likely been fleeced. The least you could do is to make as many copies of the offical UBCD and pass it to your friends, relatives, colleagues or even complete strangers to minimize the per unit cost of your loss!
Download UBCD for free Here.
Or get a physical copy of UBCD Here.
You may want to take a look at the list of Tools included in the current stable UBCD release (v5.x.x). It may come in handy considering it contains both descriptions and versions of programs.